1. THANK YOU: First, lets thank our amazing sponsors; you can find them on our website at www.fatsalmonswim.com. Please visit these vendors, businesses and organizations that make this event possible. Here’s a word from our largest sponsor, blueseventy:
Blueseventy’s award winning wetsuits, swimwear, goggles and accessories are constructed and tested to help you feel like you could swim forever. One swim and you’ll understand why some of the world’s leading triathletes and swimmers consider blueseventy the only brand of choice. Fat Salmon swimmers can save 15% at blueseventy.com by using coupon code FatSalmon16.
Without sponsors, the Fat Salmon wouldn’t be possible. The race organizing committee is eternally grateful to all of these fine folks for making this event an annual success.
2. DIVISION CHANGES: If you know you’d like to change from wetsuit to non-wetsuit or vice versa at this point, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to let us know. We will accept these via email until July 12th; after that you can change on race day but save us the hassle and do it now if you know you want to. If you forget and wait until race morning, you’ll be doing a 2-part check-in—check in with your wave followed by a stop at the change table to change your division.
3. TIME LIMIT: For the safety of everyone involved, you MUST FINISH IN UNDER 2 HOURS; If you are not on course to finish in under two hours you will be pulled from the water by kayak or boat. Please do not argue, this decision will be made by the race director, safety director and kayak/guard/boat crew to make sure that everyone’s safety is protected.
4. REFUNDS + SUBSTITUTIONS: When you registered, you agreed to a non-refundable, non-transferable, non-deferrable entry to this year’s race. We’re so sorry if you are unable to swim for any reason but there are no refunds or subs. Please consider coming to volunteer if you can’t swim; your cap and tshirt await you there.
5. BOATS and KAYAKS: we can always use help from boaters and kayakers on race day–and you can get your money back! The cost of your registration (not USMS one-event fees) will be refunded to any individual swimmer who provides a single motor boat plus operator, or a pair of kayakers plus paddlers.